Employment Opportunities at Visit Eau Claire
Last updated: May 10, 2022
Social Media Manager - Full Time
Overview: The Social Media Manager supports Visit Eau Claire’s destination marketing efforts for the Eau Claire area through the daily management and growth of the organization’s social channels and select partner’s social channels. This position is directly responsible for posting content and interacting with followers of the organization’s social media accounts to build brand awareness and help drive visitation to our destination. The person in this role will act as an influencer for the Visit Eau Claire brand.
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Job Type & Hours: Full Time (40-50 Hours/Week)
Schedule: Varies - Typically Monday-Friday with frequent evening and weekend work required. Travel Required. Option to work virtually.
Pay - Salary (exempt from overtime)
Reports To: Senior Marketing Manager
Works With: All staff under the direction of the Executive Director
- Create consistent, meaningful content on the organization's social media platforms, both organic & paid. This includes writing and editing posts and taking or aggregating photography through the user-generated content platform, CrowdRiff, or our digital asset management system
- Share new content daily that builds connections with visitors and locals, increases brand awareness, encourages engagement with the brand and inspires travel
- Responsible for social scheduling, posting, and engagement with followers in a timely manner
- Respond to customer inquiries through direct messages and comments
- Analyze social data/metrics and insights to measure the success of both organic and paid social efforts
- Provide social analytics reports from each social platform regarding trends, sentiment, growth and overall social engagement to the marketing team and leadership
- Make recommendations, present new ideas, and suggest social media plan adjustments to gain optimal results
- Stay up to date on trends and innovations in the social media landscape, particularly in the tourism industry
- Special projects as assigned
- Meet or exceed agreed-upon objectives and goals for the Social Media Manager position
- Conduct market research
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with all other personnel to ensure a unified and effective promotional effort
- Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area to visitors and act as a liaison between these entities and the visitor
- Learn and utilize the VEC Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Simpleview, keeping up to date within the file trace system
- Other responsibilities, as delegated by the Senior Marketing Manager
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects and InDesign. Must be familiar with Mac interface.
- Creative problem solver and troubleshooter
- Incredible attention to detail, yet highly imaginative and creative
- Ability to be flexible in organizational approach
- Self-starter mindset, able to work under minimal direction
- Skilled understanding of the organization related to data and projects
- Social media experience with Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, as well as messaging apps in a professional capacity preferred, especially for paid social media is a PLUS
- Additional preferred experience with video editing and animation
- A personal commitment to excellence, professionalism and creativity
- Ability to respond to questions from executive management, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Contract development and negotiation experience
- Strong communication and listening abilities and capacity to establish and cultivate strong, enduring professional relationships
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities within specific time guidelines and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame
- A collaborative and flexible style, strong service mentality and a passion for the organization's mission
- Enthusiastically embraces new technologies, especially social media marketing resources
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds, Must have own dependable transportation.
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on client and office demands
- Passionate adherence to the organization's goals of respect, excellence, innovation, integrity, teamwork, and accountability
Knowledge and Education
- Degree/Currently pursuing a college education is preferred
Qualified individuals interested in being considered for the position are invited to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Demi Cimiaskaite, Senior Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Deadline for application is Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
Visit Eau Claire is an equal opportunity employer and bases all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence.
If you're looking to volunteer and be involved in community events, please contact Demi Cimiaskaite at email@example.com.