CHIPPEWA VALLEY SUMMER
ACTIVITY PASSPORT 2021
Take action towards better health with the Chippewa Valley Summer Activity Passport! Summer is a great time to try new activities and set health goals to prevent chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes, and this activity passport shows you where to find exciting opportunities in Chippewa, Dunn, and Eau Claire counties. Whether your goal is to exercise more frequently or eat more servings of fruits and vegetables, you may find that it’s easier to meet goals when you’re doing something you enjoy.
The best part? You can win some awesome outdoor and fitness prizes for participating! Here’s how it works:
1. Visit as many parks, trails, and local activities as you want!
2. Snap a photo of yourself at each location.
3. Upload the photo(s) in the portal at the bottom of this page! Each photo counts as an entry to win a prize, so the more you participate, the better your chances of winning!
Winners will be chosen throughout the summer and contacted via email or phone. See you out there!
Walk or bike a trail-
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day by exploring Eau Claire trails.
- Did you know there were glaciers in Wisconsin millions of years ago? Check out these parks in Chippewa to learn more about natural history!
- Take some Instagram-worthy photos on these Dunn County trails!
Visit a local farmers' market, orchard, or greenhouse-
- Visit an Eau Claire farmers' market at Phoenix Park, Festival Foods, or at the Government Center!
- Learn to grow your own produce at a Chippewa greenhouse, orchard, or farmers' market!
- Try fruits and vegetables you've never had before at the Menomonie Saturday Farmers' Market.
Play tennis or pickleball-
- Visit an indoor tennis facility or play outdoor pickleball at McDonough Park in Eau Claire!
- Challenge your Chippewa friends to a game of pickleball at Gower Pickleball Courts!
- Test your reflexes by playing outdoor pickleball in at Wakanda Park in Dunn County.
Play golf at any golf course in county or frisbee golf-
- Spend a sunny day at an Eau Claire golf course!
- Try golf (and mini golf!) in Dunn County!
- Check out these frisbee golf courses in Eau Claire, Chippewa, and Dunn counties!
Go mountain biking-
- Try some awesome jumps and mountain biking trails (while wearing a helmet!) in Eau Claire!
- Chippewa County has mountain biking trails perfect for any skill level.
- Lake Menomin is a great spot for mountain biking in Dunn County.
Visit a local pool (and don't forget to wear sunscreen!)
- Swim laps or play frisbee golf at Fairfax Municipal Pool in Eau Claire.
- Make a splash at Wakanda Water Park in Dunn County!
- Enjoy the waterslide at Bernard F Willi Pool in Chippewa Falls.
Visit a park or playground-
- Explore unique playground equipment in Eau Claire parks.
- Pro-tip: Mt. Simon Park, Robbins Elementary School, and Putnam Heights Elementary School all have play equipment that is accessible to people living with disabilities.
- Create a DIY scavenger hunt for your family while you're visiting these Chippewa County parks. How many different animals can you find. What shapes do you see on the playground?
- Did you you know there's a "castle" in Dunn County? Explore the Elk Mound Hill Castle and other scenic spots!
Enjoy local art and museums-
- Check out this sculpture tour or enjoy a museum in Eau Claire!
- Take a walking tour of local art and history in Chippewa Falls.
- Explore a local cave, historical museums, and more in Dunn County.
Know your numbers!
To reduce your risk of developing a chronic disease, it is important to know and control your health. Here's some ways you can do this:
- Get your blood pressure checked at least once a year at your doctor's office or local pharmacy. Normal blood pressure is below 120/80 mm Hg.
- Take the 60-second prediabetes risk test at diabetes.org/widhsrisktest to find out if you are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
Note: By uploading content into Eau Claire Healthy Communities, Health Dunn Right, and Chippewa Health Improvement Partnership’s collection, you agree that you have all the necessary rights and permissions to do so and the photo(s) you upload may be shared in any manner they deem advisable including advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes.