Get out the snow pants, boots, hats and gloves. It’s time to get active and enjoy beautiful Western Wisconsin with your closest family and friends. Pinehurst Park, located on the north side of Eau Claire, makes it easy to experience all of your favorite outdoor winter activities by having them readily available in one place. Here is everything you need to know about Pinehurst Park.
- Cross Country Skiing - Take on 60 acres of groomed and lit trails | More
- Fat Tire Biking - Get your adrenaline rush and rip through the groomed, snowy trails with your fat tire bike | More
- Snowshoeing - Hike through the woods with your snowshoes and take in the most beautiful winter sights | More
- Sledding - Race down the mother of all sledding hills on Pinehurst Hill | More
- Ice Skating - Chase adventure by gliding down their ice rink | More
- Hockey - Go head-to-head with your buds for a game of ice hockey
- Snowboarding - Shred some serious snow with your snowboard on the jumps and rails Pinehurst Park is equipped with
- Winter Kubb - Play the game that made us the Kubb Capital of North America | More
- Crokicurl - This game originated in Canada and it's essentially "curling" with a little bit of a twist
The opportunities are endless when it comes to Pinehurst Park. From cross country skiing to snowboarding, the park is always booming with activity! Stay and play until evening on lit and groomed trails and the park's newly lit terrain hill. The hill is maintained by dedicated volunteers; however, if you would like, bring your own shovel and customize your downhill path any way you wish. Plan your trail route using these maps. Pinehurst Park is open year-round, so you can also make a trip here to do some mountain biking, hiking and playing on the playground. Plan out your trip with these trail maps:
Check out this video by Discover Wisconsin as they explore winter in Eau Claire and explain why Pinehurst Park is the city's best-hidden gem during the winters. Fast forward to 53 seconds to catch the Pinehurst Park highlight!
Best Times to Visit
Their Warming Hut, which offers rentals for a variety of winter recreation equipment through Wintermission's Gear Share, is typically open between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Nonetheless, Pinehurst Park is open to any and all visitors from 6 a.m.- 11 p.m. daily.
Winter After Hours 2021-2022
Winter After Hours is back in 2021 all thanks to Eau Claire Parks & Recreation and Volume One! There will be ice skating, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, winter Kubb, firepit, music and free hot chocolate every Thursday from 5-7 p.m. from January 6, 2022-February 24, 2022. Learn more about Winter After Hours and the other programming Pinehurst Park will offer this winter season here.
The Community That Makes It Happen
In addition to all of the fun activities, Pinehurst Park creates a beautiful sense of community. The park is run by a non-profit organization, OutdoorMore, Inc, made up completely of volunteers. They are a passionate group that wants to provide quality outdoor recreation opportunities to the Chippewa Valley. They strive to make Pinehurst Park an inviting place where people can try new sports and activities. This project is a total community effort, and they truly appreciate all the support they have received since being established in 2013.
So what are you waiting for? Stay active while having fun at Pinehurst Park! You can stay up to date with the park and the updates it is getting by checking out their Facebook and Instagram. While you're at it, sign up for their newsletter! Don't forget to capture and share the memories made at Pinehurst by posting your photos with #EauWinter and #CaptureEC. We can't wait to see the sick jumps and scenic routes you will conquer during your next park visit!