Get into the holiday spirit with this list of 25 things to do and places to be in Eau Claire in the days leading up to Christmas!
Things to Do
2. Browse through acres of firs and chop down your own Christmas tree. Curvue Hideaway & Trees will have that perfect tree you're dreaming of for your living room.
4. Get in the holiday spirit with spirits! Infinity Beverages Winery & Distillery creates drinks that set the mood during all the seasons. The winter mood? Creamy, frothy, and delicious!
5. Get into the holiday spirit at Wintertime in the City throughout Phoenix Park and downtown Eau Claire on December 3rd & 4th, 2021 with the Clearwater Winter Parade and Haymarket Holiday! See trees decked out with holiday lights, get a photo with Santa, and walk the mile-long downtown loop with hot cocoa or cider in hand.
6. Cheers to the holiday season with beers from Leinenkugel's! Get a tour of the brewery in a beautiful winter scene and warm up afterward at the Leinie Lodge at their Winter Weekends with beers, music, and good times.
7. SHOP LOCAL! Find the most perfect gifts for your loved ones this season at Eau Claire's favorite local businesses. Your purchase at a small business this year will go a lot further than shopping at big corporate retailers like Amazon. Need ideas for what to buy? Check out our Holiday Gift Guide!
8. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or brunch that is your love language, the Acoustic Cafe is the place to go. Treat yourself to a hearty, delicious and warm cup of caffeine goodness or a cup of soup. Did we mention a cup of soup pairs well with their tasty hoagies too?
9. Get cozy inside in front of your fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and curl up with a good book from Dotters Books.
11. Feel the magic of the holidays by driving or walking through the Christmas Village at Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls with your pals. The display features over 100,000 lights that make the park sparkle and shine making it a true winter wonderland.
12. Get your blood pumping and run in the Run, Santa, Run 5K. Need the right gear? The folks at Blue Ox Running are always ready to help you out.
18. Get a cup of hot cocoa to-go from ECDC and drive down Barstow Street in the night blaring Christmas music in your car and enjoying the holiday lights that line the streets.
19. Catch a holiday show like Herman's Hermits: An Olde English Chrismas at Pablo Center!
20. Pick up some delicious pizzas to-go from Foster's Fireside and have a Christmas movie marathon at home watching your favorite holiday movies.
21. Enjoy a winter day cross-country skiing at Lowes Creek County Park! You'll get some good exercise along with unreal woodsy views of snow weighing atop tree branches making you feel like you're living in a snow globe.
23. Volunteer at The Community Table to put together to-go meals for those in need.
24. Take a drive through town looking at the light decorations on local homes and businesses that are a part of Eau Claire Parks, Recreation, and Forestry's Chippewa Valley Parade of Lights.
25. Celebrate the holiday with family and friends safely. No matter where you are, we hope you all feel the magic of this holiday season. Merry Christmas to you from us at Visit Eau Claire!