Get into the holiday spirit with this list of 25 things to do and places to be in Eau Claire in the days leading up to Christmas!
Things to Do
2. Browse through acres of firs and and chop down your own Christmas tree. Curvue Hideaway & Trees will have that perfect tree you're dreaming of for your living room.
4. Get in the holiday spirit with spirits! Infinity Beverages Winery & Distillery creates drinks that set the mood during all the seasons. The winter mood? Creamy, frothy, and delicous!
5. Get into the holiday spirit at Wintertime in the City throughout Phoenix Park and downtown Eau Claire on December 4, 2020 from 1 PM - 6 PM! See trees decked out with holiday lights, get a socially-distanced photo with Santa, and walk the mile long loop looking at ice sculptures with hot cocoa or cider in hand.
6. Cheers to the holiday season with beers from Leinenkugel's! Get a tour of the brewery in a beautiful winter scene and warm up afterwards at the Leinie Lodge at their holiday markets with beers, music, and good times.
7. SHOP LOCAL! Find the most perfect gifts for your loved ones this season at Eau Claire's favorite local businesses. Your purchase at a small business this year will go a lot further than shopping at big corporate retailers like Amazon. Need ideas for what to buy? Check out our Holiday Gift Guide!
8. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or brunch that is your love language, the Acoustic Cafe is the place to go. Treat yourself to a hearty, delicious and warm cup of caffeine goodness or a cup of soup from the Acoustic Cafe. Did we mention a cup of soup pairs well with a tasty hoagie too?
9. Get cozy inside in front of your fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and curl up with a good book from Dotters Books.
11. Feel the magic of the holidays by driving or walking through the Christmas Village at Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls with your pals. The display features over 60,000 lights that make the park sparkle and shine making it a true winter wonderland.
14. Head to Artisan Forge Studios for their Elements of the Season Holiday Gift and Art shopping event and support local makers.
18. Get a cup of hot cocoa to-go from ECDC and drive down Barstow Street in the night blaring Christmas music in your car and enjoying the holiday lights that line the streets.
19. Watch Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker virtually with the help of Pablo Center!
20. Pick up some delicious pizzas to-go from Foster's Fireside and have a Christmas movie marathon at home watching your favorite holiday movies.
21. Enjoy a winter day cross-country skiing at Lowes Creek County Park! You'll get some good exercise along with unreal woodsy views of snow weighing atop tree branches and making you feel like you're living in a snow globe.
22. Go snowshoeing through the Town of Union Conservancy and discover one of the most underrated views of the Chippewa River during your time there.
23. Volunteer at The Community Table to put together to-go meals for those in need.
24. Take a drive through town looking at the light decorations on local homes that are a part of Eau Claire Parks, Recreation, and Forestry's Clearwater Parade of Lights.
25. Celebrate the holiday with family and friends safely. Whether it's through a zoom call or involves a trip to Eau Claire, we hope you all feel the magic of this holiday season. Merry Christmas to you from us at Visit Eau Claire!