Call to Artists
Learn more about ColorBlock here! If you're interested in creating a ColorBlock mural, please see the rules and guidelines and fill out the digital Google Form below.
Submit the following by April 15, 2023
1. Complete the artist application (Google Form below)
2. Colored sketch(es) of up to 3 different mural designs (originals or JPEGs)
3. Up to 3 examples of previous original work (JPEGs)
Artists will be paid for their work! ColorBlock will provide basic materials and supplies. See below for more details. Please contact Julie Pangallo (email@example.com) with any questions. We can't wait to see your work!
Rules & Guidelines
1. Artists under the age of 18 may participate with adult permission and supervision.
2. Artists may apply as individuals or small groups, and submit up to 3 designs.
3. All proposed murals designs must be original to the applying artist(s).
4. Mural designs must be appropriate for all ages, and for public display.
5. Proposals will be juried by the ColorBlock Committee and will be subject to approval by building owner(s). These parties reserve the right to reject any proposal at any time.
6. You may submit up to 3 different mural designs.
7. Each mural site will be at least 40 sq ft. Shape and orientation may be subject to change. Sites will be prepped for you with either black or white background.
8. Proposals will be judged on the following criteria (in no certain order): appropriateness for public display in our community, creativity and individual style, and demonstrated artistic ability (previous work).
9. Basic paint colors and mixing supplies will be provided. Special requests will be considered on an individual basis. Any additional materials required must be supplied by the artist(s). All paint must be outdoor latex paint or outdoor spray paint. ColorBlock can reject the use of materials at any time.
10. It is intended with proper application that murals will be on display for 3-5 years.
11. ColorBlock is not responsible for any damage or vandalism sustained to murals during this time; however, ColorBlock coordinators will make efforts to repair murals if needed.
12. A stipend of $500 will be given to each selected artist or artist group. Additional stipend may be available for special projects.
13. Artists will sign their murals.
14. ColorBlock is responsible for pairing artists with appropriate sites.
15. ColorBlock reserves the right to use images of in-progress and completed murals for marketing, fundraising, promotional merchandise, etc. on behalf of Sculpture Tour, 501(c)(3). Artist(s) maintain the rights to their design.
16. Artists are expected to demonstrate respect toward the buildings, public media, and other artists at all times. ColorBlock reserves the right to disqualify any artist(s) at any time for unprofessional or disrespectful behavior.
17. By your submission, you agree that no persons, organization, business or entity involved with ColorBlock or Sculpture Tour will be held responsible for any bodily or personal injury or property damage of any nature that may be suffered in the performance of this project.