Sculpture Tour Call to Artists
Welcome to the largest rotating sculpture tour in the nation! Due to our expansion and growth, we are seeking submissions for original outdoor sculptures. We invite you to submit your artwork for consideration for the 2024 Sculpture Tour season which will run from May 2024 through April 2025.
Sculpture Tour works to enhance the quality of life through FREE PUBLIC ART! We exhibit original outdoor sculptures for 11 months each year, exchanging the sculptures each spring. Our current tour features well over 150 sculptures in Eau Claire, plus exhibits in neighboring partner cities. Your work will be considered for our entire program. If chosen for multiple sites/years, we will handle all transportation and installations within our program at no charge to you.
Sculpture Tour is promoted heavily through Visit Eau Claire, and makes a significant contribution to tourism, economic development, education, cultural enrichment, active lifestyles and community pride. We seek to eliminate any socioeconomic barriers to art. Each year our tour showcases nearly $700,000 dollars worth of art. Sculptures valued at more than $500,000 have been purchased or commissioned through the tour and remain in the Chippewa Valley.
Sculptures in the program remain the property of the artist and are “on loan” for the duration of the show. Artists are paid a $1,000 stipend for the use of their work, paid in two parts. Upon delivery and installation, artists receive a $500 incoming stipend and $500 again at the end of the show. All artwork is insured while in our custody.
Sculpture Tour receives a 25% commission on sculptures sold through the tour and on related commissioned work. This supports our program's sustainability into the future. NOTE: We are waiving all entry fees for the program. Please set your price with this commission included.
If you're interested in submitting one of your sculptures to the Eau Claire Sculpture Tour, please see the rules and guidelines and fill out the Google Form at the bottom of this page.
Please submit photos/sketches of your sculpture(s) to Julie Pangallo via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to Sculpture Tour at P.O. Box 1411 Eau Claire, WI 54702. You may submit up to four (4) entries. All entries must be received by January 10, 2024. Submit your application online by clicking the button below or download/print the application HERE.
Rules & Guidelines
1. The Eau Claire program is open to professional and amateur artists of all backgrounds.
2. Artists may submit up to four (4) of their own original sculptures. Photos of a finished or in-progress piece are accepted, as well as sketches of a planned piece.
3. Your piece must be finished 30 days prior to installation, or it will be replaced by another submission. There will be NO late installations.
4. Safety is our first consideration when evaluating sculptures for public display. Sharp protrusions, etc. may eliminate an otherwise exceptional piece.
5. Durability is also a strong consideration, as the piece will be outdoors and subject to extreme weather conditions. It also must withstand the interaction of a very enthusiastic public.
6. Audience Public art installations must be appropriate for all audiences.
It is only after these criteria are met that a piece is considered for its artistic value.
7. Delivery: Sculptures for the 2023 exhibit must be delivered to Eau Claire or arrangements made for exchange. All sculptures need to be delivered in “Intended Condition” and should be treated, sealed, painted or repaired prior to delivery.
8. Installation: Sculptures must be delivered with a steel or stainless steel mounting plate on the bottom, a minimum of 1/2” (half an inch) larger than the sculpture at its base. This allows us to weld the sculptures to our pedestals for a more secure installation. In rare exceptions (generally large-scale artworks) other installation methods are utilized.
People’s Choice: A purchase award of up to $15,000 chosen by popular vote. Sculptures priced above $15,000.00 are ineligible unless waived by the artist.
Best of Show Bronze: $1,000 (juried)
Best of Show Other Materials: $1,000 (juried)
Voting closes on Dec. 31, 2024. Winners announced January 2025 and paid at installation May 2025.
2024 Tentative Dates
Friday, May 3rd, 2024: Deadline for delivery of sculptures being shipped to Eau Claire
Saturday, May 11th, 2024: Exchange with Partner Network Markets
Hotel offered to out-of-town artists: May 15 & 16, 2024
Installation Date: Thursday, May 16, 2024
Artist Reception: Thursday, May 16, 2024 at 5:30-7:30 PM | Pablo Center at the Confluence
Approximate Tour End Date: April 25, 2025