Frequently Asked Questions
While we may not have all the answers about Downtown Eau Claire, we have some! Check out the FAQs and if you still have any questions after reading, feel free to contact us.
For those that like to know their options, the downtown has 2-hr free parking in some areas, free and metered lots, and three affordable parking ramps that let you explore without having to think about how much time you have left before moving your car or plugging a meter.
- Is street parking free?
- There is some free street parking, but remember it's best to look for signage near where you park to make sure you know the specific rules of that area.
- Paid vs free lots?
- There are a mix of both, please review the map for more specific information.
- Can I buy a parking pass?
- If you work in the downtown or regularly park for long stretches of time, parking passes are available for purchase. Contact the City Engineering to do so.
- I’m looking to plan an event in the downtown?
- The downtown is an energetic and fun place to have an event. There are a few things to be aware of and consider before deciding to do so. >> Start with this guide