Downtown Enhancement Grants
Twice a year, DECI Members located in the downtown boundaries are eligible to apply for the Downtown Enhancement Grant. The Downtown Enhancement Grant program seeks to support existing downtown businesses/organizations through a $2,000 semiannual grant to further enhance the downtown aesthetic and overall quality of goods, services, and the downtown experience. The $2,000 semiannual grant is available through 2027. This program was made possible by the sponsorships of many long-time Downtown supporters. They include:
- Kristen and Donn Dexter
- JB Systems
- Jill and Tom Barland
- Royal Credit Union
- Lissa and Tom Siedow
- Ruder Ware
- B~Framed Galleries
- U.S. Bank
- Nicolet National Bank
The application for the Summer 2023 cycle opens on Monday, June 26 and will remain open until 11:59 pm on July 31, 2023.
Below are grant cycle details. Please note that January and June cycles have different focus areas. January is focused on creative enhancement of business function/administration to grow your business. June is focused on projects that enhance the overall downtown experience. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions on which grant cycle your project might best fit into.
- Submissions for this grant cycle should be focused on creatively enhancing your business/organization by serving a new customer that may not be being served in Downtown Eau Claire already or serving them in a unique way. Whether it’s putting on an addition to a retail space, commissioning a new product or service, or further enhancing another area of the business, we want to see owners push the envelope by updating their space or creating a one-of-a-kind experience for customers.
- Submissions for this grant cycle should be focused on enhancing the overall downtown community or downtown experience. Consider a project that could impact the experience of someone visiting Downtown Eau Claire such as wayfinding, public art, a culturally-enriching event at your organization, partnering with other community members, and more. Be creative!
Create a Downtown Enhancement Plan that Includes:
- a business description
- description of enhancement project as it relates to the current grant cycle described above
- sources/uses or project budget including how grant funds will be spent and other potential sources of capital for the enhancement project
- an implementation plan/timeline including how the applicant will report to DECI Board and staff on the completion of the project
Any incomplete submissions will not be considered.
After filling out the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the Enhancement Plan (pdf is preferred) and any other additional supporting material.
If you are unable to submit via the Google Form application, please email the following:
- Applicant name
- Additional Applicant Name (if applicable)
- Business/Organization Name
- Current Address
- Best Email Address
- Phone Number
- Brief Project Overview