- 315 S Barstow St., Eau Claire, WI 54701
- (715) 832-3355
- Visit Website
- Presented By: Eau Claire Games and Arcade, Ivy Creatives
- Dates: 3/6/2020, 3/7/2020, 3/8/2020
- Location: Downtown Micon Cinema
- Time: 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- Price: Full festival pass: $55. Day passes: $25. Tickets to Individual films: $6.
Now in it's 4th year, MIdWest WeirdFest is a cinematic celebration of all things frightening, fantastic, underground, off-beat, alternative, and just plain weird!
The Midwest is filled with dark and mysterious byways, strange critters, and mythical beasties. And the great state of Wisconsin has had more than its share: from the very real monsters Ed Gein and Jeffery Dahmer, to legendary cryptids like the Beast of Bray Road and the Hodag, to weird and wonderful places such as the Forevertron, UFO landing ports, and the mythical town of killer midgets known as Haunchyville.... It's the perfect territory for a film festival that focuses on the weird.
FilmFreeway - the world's leading film festival submission platform - states: "According to reviews from real FilmFreeway users, MidWest WeirdFest ranks in the top 1.5% of more than 7,000 film festivals and creative contests around the world."
The festival's principal venue is the Micon Downtown Cinema, located in the welcoming college town of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The 4th annual festival will run March 6-8, 2020.