UW-Eau Claire classes are back in full swing and, it’s already time for homecoming weekend.
Whether you’re alumni coming to cheer on the football team and reconnect with old college friends, a parent in town visiting their student, a member of the community who wants to show support for the university or a college student in general, there’s lot to see and do during homecoming weekend. Here are the top things to know before you go.
1. Homecoming runs September 29-30, 2017
2. The Friday events include the Golden Blugold Celebration at 10 a.m. in Davies Center and the Hall of Fame Banquet at 4:30 p.m., also in Davies Center.
3. Varsity Night Live will happen at 7 p.m. Friday night in Zorn Arena. It’s a fun variety show put on my UW-Eau Claire students. Tickets may be purchased online or at the UW-Eau Claire Service Center.
4. The Nursing Alumni will have a homecoming walk Saturday morning. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. at the nursing building. The walk will go all across beginning at 8 a.m. After the walk, there will be a continental breakfast and a door prize drawing.
5. The Homecoming Parade will begin at 10 a.m. on First Ave. The parade will feature a number of student organizations, including the cheer and stunt team, Blugold Marching Band and the homecoming king and queen.
6. The pregame fun of Blugold Fever Fest starts at 11 a.m. at Carson Park. There will be food trucks to purchase lunch, a performance by the Blugold Marching Band and lots of great student and alumni camaraderie.
7. The football game will kickoff at 1 p.m. UW-Eau Claire will be taking on UW-River Falls. Tickets may be purchased at Carson Park the day of, or in advance at the Blugold ticket office. The halftime entertainment will be provided by the Blugold Marching Band.
8. The Fifth Quarter will take place after the game. Entertainment will again be provided by the Blugold Marching Band and food/beverages will be available to purchase. It’s a great way to celebrate after the game.
So to recap, there is a lot going on. Homecoming weekend can be a little overwhelming with all its offerings. Remember to pace yourself and have fun. Homecoming memories will last a lifetime no matter if you're in school or not.