Eau Claire Public Arts Council
The Eau Claire Public Arts Council will enhance the quality of life and the creative economy in the Chippewa Valley by supporting and advocating for the arts through programs, initiatives and public artworks, both permanent and temporary. In cooperation with the City of Eau Claire, we will coordinate selection, design and placement of murals, sculpture, public art displays and visual art events.
ArtFULL Eau Claire is an initiative through which we collaborate with others to further celebrate, create and engage the Arts in Eau Claire. Artists can join the artist registry by signing up here.
The Public Arts Council is currently seeking funds to get us started. Learn more and consider supporting here: bit.ly/donate-ecpac
We are embarking on a 'Love to Vote' mural project in Downtown Eau Claire, with muralist Clark Stoekley, from this July 14 to 16, at two locations: Ramone's on Galloway and Details on Water Street. Artist Clark Stoeckley approached ECPA board member Emily Anderson about the possibility of including Eau Claire in his nationwide mural and stencil project, “Love to Vote,” which riffs on Robert Indiana’s famous “Love” image to suggest that voting is a way of expressing civic love. ECPA believes this project supports our mission to bring social awareness and the power of art to foster civic engagement. We hope it is the first of many opportunities for people to come together around art and civic love. Additionally, we aim to have this project to have additional phases with local artists.
More information about this project:
If you want to get in contact with the Eau Claire Public Arts Council, you can do so here: bit.ly/contact-ecpac
The vision of the Eau Claire Public Arts Council is to animate our city, inform our residents, influence our community and visitors, encourage creative expression and engage the artists in the Chippewa Valley and beyond.
- Increase accessibility to the visual arts and arts activities for all residents, demonstrating the enhancement of creative arts in quality of life, tourism and creative economic development.
- Foster and enhance appreciation for cultural diversity, pride and community values.
- Assist with the funding of creative endeavors for artists and arts organizations.
- Collaborate with and encourage the efforts of Eau Claire artists and arts organizations.
- Integrate the arts into area neighborhoods and downtown.
- Support City revitalization efforts through strong design and aesthetics.
- Jo Ellen Burke, President
- Emily Anderson, Vice President
- Janice Roberts, Secretary
- Sam Zordich, Treasurer
- Dave Solberg
- Andrea Worthy
- Kelsey Wenberg
- Mike Rindo
- Brooke Newmaster
- Suzie Draeger
- Sara Larsen
Eau Claire Public Arts Council Facebook